This privacy notice explains the types of personal data we collect, when we collect it, how we store this, how we handle the same and how this is kept safe.
Scott Estates Management Ltd ("we") take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA215338 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Mrs Claire Coleman.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Mrs Coleman at 17 Havelock Road, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 1BP or by email at email@example.com.
2. LEGAL BASIS
The law says there are a number of different reasons why we may collect this information and those applicable to us are;
- Contract - as we have a contract with you, we need to process your data to satisfy the contractual obligations. Even if a contract has not yet been entered into, but you have requested our service which requires the processing of your data, this legal basis exists.
- Legal Obligation - this relates to processing necessary information to ensure that we comply with common law or statutory obligations contained in UK or EU law.
- Consent - you must have provided us with relevant up to date consent.
3. WHEN WE WILL COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will ask you for your personal data when you call to register your interest in any of our properties or if you ask us to sell your property. We will also ask you for this information if you are acting as a guarantor for one of our tenants.
We also collect your information if you approach us as a potential client.
This data can be collected over the phone, in person or via email.
4. WHAT WE WILL COLLECT
We will always ask you for the following;
- marital status
- date of birth
- address (including any previous addresses)
- email address
- telephone number (landline and mobile if applicable)
- employment status
- bank account details
- national insurance number
- passport number
If necessary, in connection with our freehold block management services, we may ask you for the following additional information;
- eye colour
- town of birth
- mother's maiden name
- father's Christian name
We will also collect and store copies of documents you provide to prove your identification which will contain your name, address, date of birth and a facial image.
5. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will collect your data to enable us;
- to respond to your queries
- arrange for the necessary contractor(s) to carry out any required works at your property
- to protect our business from fraud and other illegal activities
- to comply with your instructions in connection with your property
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested
If you are one of our landlord's this information will enable us;
- to help you manage your tenancy
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer
If you are one of our freeholder block management clients this will enable us;
- release day to day correspondence in connection with running our blocks
- release our service charge demands and notices
- issue proceedings for non payment of service charges
- arranging for the passing of details to the relevant company's accountants to comply with Companies House filing protocols
- arranging payments to be credited back to lessee's accounts
With your consent, we will also use your data to keep you informed about details of any of our products that may interest you. You are free to opt out of this at any time.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
When you give us your information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We confirm that we only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and we regularly review our data retention periods.
Once this period ends, your data will be completely deleted from our records and systems.
We have to ensure that all information held is up to date and accurate. You if believe that any information we hold is incorrect, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the correct information. We are then under an obligation to correct the information held.
9. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential, but we may share/disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following;
- our preferred contractors in order to deal with any repairs, maintenance or statutory checks as required
- to carry out due diligence on you as a prospective client in any capacity (e.g. tenant, guarantor, buyer, seller), including but not limited to carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties whose data you have provided
- if you are unable to make payments under your tenancy or for your service charges, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant
- in the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this
- our professional advisors
- a law enforcement agency, court or other third party where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- make a request to us to delete the personal data of yours that we hold
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us